THE HELLO HERMAN PROJECT VIDEO CONTEST
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
The Promotion is sponsored and administered by Art Effect USA, LLC (“Sponsor”) and is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States, District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico and Canada who are at least thirteen (13) years of age at the time of entry (“Entrant”). Void outside the United States and Canada and where taxed, restricted, or prohibited by law. Employees, officers, and directors of Art Effect USA, LLC (Sponsor), their respective partners, agencies, related companies, and agents, as well as the immediate family (defined as parents, spouse, children, siblings, and grandparents), and same household members of each such employee, officer, and director are not eligible to win.
2. Promotion Period
The promotion period for both contests begins at 12:00:01 a.m. U.S. Pacific Time (“PT”) on October 18, 2012, and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. PT on June 1, 2013 (“Promotion Period”).
There will be one prizing session for the Hello Herman Project Video Contest (“Video Contest”) during the Promotion Period. You may submit more than one unique video during the Promotion Period.
3. To Enter the Video Contest
To submit a video, go to http://www.thehellohermanproject.com (“Website”), during the Promotion Period, and click on the “Video Contest” button on the Website, during the Contest Period and follow the instructions for “submit a video” after reviewing the Video Contest Criteria described in Rule 5 below. Fill in Submission and Contact information and submit your original video, per the rules below.
4 . Video Contest Creative Assignment
The creative assignment for the Video Contest (“Video Creative Assignment”) is as follows:
- Review the HH videos at http://www.thehellohermanproject.com
- Be Expressive & Creative. Make it your own. Make it unexpected. Tell a story. It’s up to you. Just make it awesome.
- The length of the video should be a minimum of 30 seconds and a maximum of 3 minutes. All Video Submissions that do not meet this time criteria will be disqualified.
- The video must be viewable by audiences over 13 (“PG-13” rating) and not include profanity, nudity, and/or any explicit or inappropriate material or it will be disqualified.
- The video can’t show anything that looks like blood or other disturbing imagery.
- The video must not contain any copyrighted materials (other than as owned by the Entrant).
- You may use a generic release form to confirm permissions from persons appearing in your Video Submission; however, if you are selected as a Finalist in the Contest, you will be required to obtain a release provided by Sponsor signed by each identifiable person appearing in your Video Submission granting Sponsor permission to use his or her image/likeness.
Your Video Submission should be consistent with these Official Rules.
5. Video Contest Judging Criteria
All videos submitted will be judged based on the criteria below (“Judging Criteria”). Judges may give scores ranging from 0 to 10 (0 = low and 10 = high).
- Acting/Artistic Merit – 30%
- Originality and Creativity – 20%
o The overall quality of the video and ability to express sentiment around bullying; the creativity/impact of story
- Quality of Production – 30%
- o VisualAesthetics–the appearance of the video
o Cinematography – quality of the audio, lighting, use of camera
- o Camera operation and video editing
- Content – 30%
o How closely the video covers the specified theme(s) and guidelines
- Public Voting – 10%
- Composition – 10%
- Originality and Creativity – 20%
o The public can vote on their favorites at http://www.thehellohermanproject.com
Sponsor will judge the entries, and all contest decisions are final. Entries that fail to comply with the Official Rules may be disqualified and/or removed from the contest.
6. Video Contest Schedule
The Promotion Period (as defined in Rule 2, above) is divided into three (3) entry periods (each “Entry Period”) with relative “Video Submission & Voting Period,” “Judging Period,” and “Video Winner Announcement” as defined below.
Video Entry October 18, 2012 – June 1, 2013
Judging Period January 1, 2013 – June 1, 2013
Video Winner Selection by July 1, 2013
7. Selection of Video Winners
A panel of judges will use the judging criteria to review and vote on all eligible entries.
As a part of the Judging Criteria, the public can vote on their favorites at http://www.thehellohermanproject.com during the Entry Period.
Any use of robotic, macro, automatic, programmed, or like voting methods will void all such votes. Any attempt by a Finalist and/or his/her family/friends to vote more than the number of times authorized herein using multiple names, email addresses, phone numbers, and/or any other fraudulent mechanism, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, shall give Sponsor the right to disqualify the Finalist. Each person is limited to one (1) vote per day. At the close of the Entry Period, the Judging Panel will use the total number of votes for each Video Submission in their judging process.
Winners will be announced during the Winner Announcement period for each Video Contest. All Video Finalists are subject to verification, including without limitation, verification of eligibility, compliance with these Official Rules and completion of release forms (described above). If attempted notification is returned as undeliverable, if a Video Finalist cannot be verified, or if a Video Finalist is otherwise unable to accept prize, prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate Finalist, provided sufficient time remains, in Sponsor’s discretion.
8. Video Technical Requirements
- Original video file must be submitted—the video file(s) must be a minimum of 30 seconds in length and not exceed 90 seconds in length (all copyrighted material will be removed).
- The video file size upload should be kept according to Vimeo guidelines
- Video files must be provided in one of the following file formats: .MPEG, .MOV, .AVI, or .WMV.
- All Video Submissions shot in 16:9 aspect ratios, should be center cut protected.
- Finalists will be asked to provide the original audio and video files used during production of the entry for broadcast purposes. This may include uncompressed QuickTime files, final audio mix, and/or separate audio tracks for dialogue, music, and effects. These items are not mandatory to become a Finalist.
9. Video Contest Additional Requirements
- Video Submissions must be primarily in the English language.
- All Video Submissions must be received in the contest time frame specified above in the Video Contest Schedule.
- The person owning the Vimeo ID and uploading the Video Submission will be deemed the entrant (“Video Entrant”). The Video Entrant is the one (1) person who owns the email address associated with the Vimeo ID. If any group elects to collaborate on a Video Submission, they are required to designate one (1) person as the agent of the group to enter the Contest, agree to these rules and accept the prize on behalf of the group. Sponsor, its partners, and agencies are not liable for any disputes between collaborators arising under or related to the Contest.
- Each individual Video Entrant is allowed to submit as many unique videos as they like using the scene guidelines
- Each Video Submission must comply with the Website and Vimeo Terms of Service
- Each Video Submission must be the original work of the Video Entrant produced for this Video Contest; it may not have been entered in or won previous contests or awards it may not have been published previously in any medium; it must not infringe any party’s intellectual property or other rights; it must be suitable for display and publication on national television (e.g., may not be obscene or indecent, including but not limited to nudity or profanity); it must not contain obscene or pornographic material; it must not contain defamatory statements (including but not limited to words or symbols that are widely considered offensive to individuals of a certain race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or socioeconomic group); it must not include threats to any person, place, business, group, or world peace; it must not invade privacy or other rights of any person, firm, or entity; and it must not in any other way violate applicable laws and regulations or network standards.
- Each Video Submission must not feature or refer to including but not limited to third-party names, logos, or trademarks on street signs, panoramic views, vehicle license plates, or clothing such as T-shirts, hats, actual product placement, etc.
- Each Video Submission must not feature distilled spirits (i.e., hard liquor), tobacco products (including cigarettes, cigars, pipe tobacco, chewing tobacco, and snuff), contraceptives, feminine hygiene products, fireworks, firearms and ammunitions, prescription drugs, illegal drugs and related drug paraphernalia, nutritional supplements, lotteries and gambling (including horse or dog racing and products or services related to gambling), or other inappropriate products.
- Each Video Submission must not utilize live animals unless the Video Entrant has obtained the consent of the animal’s owner and an affidavit from the animal owner or wrangler that the animal was not harmed in the making of the commercial. Video Entrants are encouraged to contact the local Humane Society prior to filming the Video Submission to verify appropriate animal safeguards on set.
- Each Video Submission must not contain any copyrighted works (other than as owned by the Video Entrant). Video Entrant may not include any music except for the pre-approved music provided on the Website. Approved music provided on the Website may not be altered. Use of any unauthorized music may result in disqualification of Video Submission, in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
- Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to remove or blur or to ask the applicable Video Entrant to remove or blur any non-material elements (e.g., small logos on clothing, artwork hanging in the background, products shown, etc.) rather than disqualify an otherwise compliant Video Submission.
- If, in Sponsor’s determination, it is necessary or advisable to make minor, non-material adjustments to an otherwise compliant Video Submission to comply with brand specifications or requirements for airing, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, elect to do so, or may ask the applicable Video Entrant to do so. If Sponsor requests Video Entrant to make these adjustments and Video Entrant chooses not to make these adjustments Video Entrants agree to release YouTube from all liability related to this contest.
10. Video Contest Prizing
- Grand Prize – The winner will receive a trip to Hollywood, CA; a meeting with a casting agent; a class with an acting coach; a signed copy of the play “Hello Herman”, and their winning video will receive placement on the Hello Herman DVD and at select theatrical screenings of the Hello Herman feature film starring Norman Reedus of “The Walking Dead.” . Approximate retail: $2,500
- Judges’ Award — Several winners will receive judges’ awards which include a signed copy of the play, “Hello Herman”; a copy of the “Hello Herman” the movie DVD, and The Hello Herman Project gear. Approximate retail value: $100 each.
- Viewer’s Choice Award – The video with the most votes will win the Viewer’s Choice award which includes a signed copy of the play, “Hello Herman”; a copy of the “Hello Herman” the movie DVD, and a gift certificate. Approximate retail value: $500.
Except where prohibited by law, participation in the Promotion and acceptance of prize constitutes winner’s consent to Sponsor’s use of winner’s name, likeness, voice, opinions, hometown, and state and other indicia of persona for promotional, trade, or advertising purposes in any media without geographic or time limitation, and without additional payment or consideration.
By entering the Promotion and, if applicable, receipt of any prize, each Entrant and, as applicable, winner agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor, its partners and agencies, their respective related companies, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents, from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Promotion or any Promotion-related activity, or from the receipt or use or misuse of any prize or from merchandise delivery, from claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trademark infringement, or any other intellectual property or personal rights-related cause of action.
By participating in this Promotion, participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the judges that shall be final and binding in all respects. The Official Rules will be available on the Website throughout the Promotion Period. Failure to comply with these Official Rules may result in disqualification. Sponsors reserve the right, at their sole discretion, to disqualify any individual found to be tampering with the entry or voting process or the operation of the Promotion; or to be acting in any manner deemed by Sponsors to be in violation of the Official Rules; or to be acting in any manner deemed by Sponsors to be unsportsmanlike or disruptive, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY A USER OR PARTICIPANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS PROMOTION OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSORS AND ITS AGENTS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) AND OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON OR PERSONS RESPONSBILE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
14 . Limitations of Liability
Sponsor, its partners, and agencies are not responsible for and you hereby release Sponsor, its partners, and agencies from any claims arising from: (1) incorrect or inaccurate transcription of entry information or lost, stolen, illegible, incomplete, misdirected entry forms (including but not limited to content/story submitted therewith, if appropriate), or entry forms (including but not limited to content/story submitted therewith, if appropriate) received through impermissible or illegitimate channels, all of which are void and will be disqualified; (2) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any telephone, computer, network, hardware, or software; (3) the unavailability or inaccessibility of Website or any other service; (4) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion and/or incomplete or inaccurate information being displayed on Website whether due to unauthorized human intervention, equipment failure or malfunction, or other cause; (5) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of submitted entry forms (including but not limited to content/story submitted therewith, if appropriate); or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property, including but not limited to an individual’s computer (or any information/materials stored thereon), which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, by participation in the Promotion or from downloading any material from Sponsor’s or related Website(s), regardless of whether the material was prepared by Sponsor, agency, or a third party, and regardless of whether the material is connected to a Sponsor’s or agency’s Website by a hypertext link.
15. Disputes/Choice of Law
Except where prohibited by law, you agree that: (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by state or federal courts situated in the state of Delaware, (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) no punitive, incidental, special, consequential, or other damages, including without limitation lost profits may be awarded (collectively, “Special Damages”), and (4) you hereby waive all rights to claim Special Damages and all rights to have such damages multiplied or increased. Delaware law (with the sole exception of the choice of law/conflict of law rules of Delaware or of any other jurisdiction) governs the Promotion and all aspects related thereto-including construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules. By participating in the Promotion, you agree to submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located in Delaware.
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
15 . Winners List
For the winners list, send an email with Subject Line: “HELLO HERMAN PROJECT Winners List Request,” to email@example.com. Or, for a copy of the winners list, mail a self-addressed stamped envelope to “Hello Herman Project” Winners List Request, ArtEffectUSA, POB 1947, Quogue, NY 11959) . Requests must be received by August 1, 2013.
16. Winner Notification
Finalists will be notified by email within six (6) weeks of the end of the Promotion Period and will be required to complete, sign, and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release, and, where lawful, a Publicity Release. Notification of Finalist status must be kept confidential until Sponsor publicly reveals the Finalists or your Finalist Prize will be forfeited and your Submission will not be posted for public voting as a Finalist Submission. Your Submission will not be judged as a Finalist unless Sponsor receives the properly and fully completed Releases no later than three (3) days after notification of being a Finalist. Finalist Prize will be forfeited and an alternate Finalist may be selected if any required documents are not returned within the required number of days or if any mail is returned as undeliverable without forwarding address. If the Grand Prize Winner of the Video Contest is awarded the online advertisement bonus, he/she may be required to sign one or more additional releases, and all content is the property of Intel. Sponsor reserves the right to require a potential Finalist to submit to a confidential background check to confirm eligibility and help ensure that the use of any such person in advertising or publicity for the Contest will not bring Sponsor into public disrepute, contempt, scandal, or ridicule or reflect unfavorably on the Contest as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion.
Any waiver of any obligation hereunder by Sponsor does not constitute a general waiver of any obligation to Entrants. By accepting a prize, Finalist (or Finalist’s parent or legal guardian if Finalist is a minor) agrees, and agrees in writing if requested, that the Submissions will be deemed a Work Made For Hire under the Copyright laws of the United States, but if it cannot be so deemed, then the Finalist agrees to irrevocably assign and transfer to Sponsor all of his/her right, title and interest in and to his/her Submissions, if any, including all but not limited to all copyright and trademark rights which he or she may have, in the United States and worldwide, therein, for consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which is hereby acknowledged. Finalists hereby waive in favor of Sponsor, all rights of “Droit Moral” or “Moral Rights of Authors” or any similar rights or principles of law that Finalist may now or later have to his/her Submissions. Sponsor reserves the right to alter, change, or modify winning Submissions, in its sole discretion. Upon request of Sponsor, Finalist shall execute and deliver such additional instrument of assignment, as may be solely deemed by Sponsor, reasonably necessary to establish the ownership of record of the right, title and interest in and to the Submissions, and of the copyrights transferred and “Moral Rights of Authors” waived under these Official Rules. Should Sponsor fail to request the said assignment as stated, that shall not be deemed a waiver of Sponsor’s rights and Sponsor may at a later time request the assignment.
17. Use of Data
The Sponsor of this Promotion is Art Effect USA, LLC. All rights reserved.
The Administrator of this Promotion is Art Effect USA, LLC. All rights reserved.